heroesonly.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 05:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2160 Posts in 308 Topics by 70 Members
Latest Member: abouchard
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  heroesonly.net
|-+  Games
| |-+  Dungeons and Dragons
| | |-+  Living Forgotten Realms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Living Forgotten Realms  (Read 4275 times)
Drew
Alpha Gamer Geek
Global Moderator

Alpha Gamer Geek

View Profile Email
« on: August 09, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

GenCon 2008 marks the beginning of the newLiving Forgotten Realms RPGA path featuring the new 4e rules. I'm going to GenCon this week and playing in several Living Forgotten Realms modules, so this would give me a good idea of how the modules flow. I'm curious to see if there is any interest in playing RPGA D&D games down at the store? If so, I would be interested in running a session once a month or so. The adventures are designed to be one-shots at about 4 hours a piece. You can then use that same character in future Living Forgotten Realms adventures.

So... anybody game???
Thylath
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:52:08 AM »

Why would you only do 1 seesion a month, to make RPGA work in the old days it almost had to be a weekly occurance, Should figure out how many hours a character can play in a month and base it off that.  Anyways I am interested but won't be back till December, but I am more interested in playing all the modules for the month than just a single session.

Board Rider

Likes Powergamers

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »

Why would you only do 1 seesion a month, to make RPGA work in the old days it almost had to be a weekly occurance, Should figure out how many hours a character can play in a month and base it off that.  Anyways I am interested but won't be back till December, but I am more interested in playing all the modules for the month than just a single session.

I hate to break it to you but 4E is still in it's infancy and the Living Forgotten Realms is even younger. In other words there isn't enough RPGA adventures yet published (none at this time) to run a weekly session. Currently, Barrow of the Ogre King, is the only approved RPGA event for LFR.

Even with adventures rolling out in the coming months the RPGA rewards can be satisfied for any timetable. Besides, running weekly games is a bitch. 
Marshall

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:32:50 AM »

I would play once a month if it's on tuesday or wednsday
I would also perfer once a month over once a week, it's easier to dedicate one day a month than one day every week
Drew
Alpha Gamer Geek
Global Moderator

Alpha Gamer Geek

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

I thought I would wait until after GenCon to answer this question as I would have a better understanding of how the Living Forgotten Realms (LFR) works. There are several adventures that are available to play right now, as they were released last week. Assuming that we have at least 4 and at the most 6 players, I'll be running one at the store in late September.

There are no limitations on how many RPGA events that could potentially be run down at the store. Personally, I have only the time and resources to run once a month, and maybe a special one here and there. Hey, I like to play too!  Smiley My vision is that a few others could step up, and run additional modules as well, provided they take the DM test and sanction the event.

On days that the events are run: I think that it is best in the beginning, to run the events on weekends. RPGA modules are designed to be one-shot adventures and slotted for a 4-hour session. I would add to that, being 4th edition in being so new, it's going to take a bit more time as people get used to the new rules of combat and skill encounters. The store hours as they stand, only facilitate these times for weekend play.

I'll be speaking with Jon and Jeremy about more details about these events and ask that you each sign-on to play very soon. I had an absolute blast playing LFR at GenCon and I'd like to see it continued here. I'll be putting a sign-up sheet down at the store and later I'll run a character building session for those that want some assistance with creating characters once enough people sign up. I'm only able to take the first 6 players to sign-up, so get down there soon!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: